Saturday, December 12, 2009

Fall

0

I once heard a man speak
Of the twisted circuit of infitity
And if it moved me
Enough to remember the sound
Of his voice, like a grass mat
Woven of green shooting universals
Beaten rhythmically in the
Tidying upkeep of thought

I have no reference to compare
The new position he afforded me
But I remember the tone and the gravity
Drying me up

I can smell the crisp scent of the earth
Birthing the blades of his cutting discernment
Bending and looping themselves beautifully
Into a solidness of pattern

I hold dearly to my chest
This concept of oneness
What ever it is
As fully simple as a chrysanthemum is petaled
And exploding into endless death
Emptiness curls my spine
Like the frond of a fern

And yet between the soles of my feet
And the dirt of the earth
No technology of mind
Can promise me the slightest bit
Of straightness from the round
Hungry lips of zero


Grounded

You are:
Slim rubber band man
Stretchy laffy taffy troubadour
Silly little fool
Fowl on the prowl
An emu of love

I am:
Feathers fluttering flirtatious
A hope a hope a hope a hope
You sound like a pterodactyl
Swooping down upon me
Though you’d like to be an eagle
Plucking up an antelope


We are:
Flapping strange flightless birds
Doting dodos of devotion
Playful penguins pulling power
Out of the heart and into the sky
With arduous desire

It is:
Crazy love when ostriches stretch out their wings


And bones grow hollow from the airy lightness
Of your smile





For No Reason

Deep enough to flex my diaphragm into a shallow a smile,
no one has X-ray vision to see I am mostly space
or that my body is one thing, not parts.
Or that this whole place is one thing, not parts.
Everything is effort too tiresome to notice
the electron doe-see-doe the nucleus over and over.
You’re blipping in and out of existence Universe.

I keep waking up with you not knowing who I am or how I got here.
I sit up from the sleep of nothingness as a dog,
an oak tree, a mollusk, a mother, a panther, a god
and for no reason.






Struck

I let out my dog in a drizzle
Twisting the juice from the stem of a flower
My toes turn inward, pigeoned in a puddle
Saturating all things like a singing bowl
The silence of a fog rings in my backyard

Two blue spots hang like tears
In the irises of my companion
As her acrid wetness wafts beneath my nostrils
Drops of water dance in the sky
And dive at their own accost
As she returns from her squat

Looking up at the rain
I find myself suddenly struck
God?
Are you the wetness of my eyes?
Is that why I see you in the plainest places?

There are some who bound you to books
And taught people to read
Simply to show them
Your face, hands, and feet

There are some who took away your name
As it were unpronounceable
And bent their knees to pray in darkness on the dirt
In apologetic utterance

There are some who burned their wives at stake
And gouged out their eyes
Laying on beds of nails until they could only feel you
As the tickling of their numbness

You could explain to them in the sky
Their frivolousness
But you don’t
You could have saved millions
Quite a bit of time
But haven’t

I wonder why sometimes
I try to capture you in a stanza or rhyme
When you wink at me with beauty
In a stormy sky

Surely your chosen

Live with eyes peeled each moment for
Each stone in the soil
Each pore that puckers
Each breath that fills and follows
Fills and follows
For love of you
Not expecting you to be there
But loving the loving of you

It must all be such silliness
Watching people take out their garbage
Not knowing that you’re in it
Wiping their asses
Not knowing that you’re there
Dodging bullets that are full of you
Striving and struggling to find you somewhere
Instead of within and without all of them
Everywhere

Even just now
You have jumped out from a cloud

To pound upon my pupils

No comments:

Post a Comment